A group of committed believers you can call family.
We were the first denomination to have a church building in the Village of Wilmington in 1817. On April 6, 1853, the church erected a building on the corner of Walnut and Locust Streets to worship and minister in the name and grace of Jesus Christ. The congregation chose the name of First Baptist Church of Wilmington, Ohio. In 1914, church growth presented a need for a larger, more modern building, which resulted in our present structure on the same corner.
To study and proclaim the truth boldly and to reach the unreached, outcast, and lost people of Wilmington through the faithful preaching of God's Word, service, and loving kindness. To train up new leaders for the Church, whether in our congregation or to be sent out to other local churches!
WHAT WE DO
We want to be one part of the united body of Christ (locally and universal), that dwells on the truth of God's Word, actively serves the Wilmington community, and disciples/trains people up to be faithful workers for God's Kingdom.
To be a family-like community on mission; one that cares for each other and points one another to Christ through love, service, meals, and challenging one another to grow in our faith.